|Parsley, Dill & New Potatoes|
TANGY NEW POTATOES WITH FRESH GARDEN HERBS
You will need:
1lb new potatoes (or fingerling potatoes from the
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
3-4 tablespoons of chive vinegar - to taste (chive flowers + white wine vinegar - see recipe below)
1-2 teaspoons salt - to taste
1 day (or more) ahead of time make the chive vinegar:
- Boil a glass jar or other glass container for about 10 minutes to sterilize it and to warm the glass. This is important to avoid having the glass break in the following steps.
- Cut a handful of chive flowers from the plant and stuff as many as you can into a jar or other glass container.
- Bring enough white wine vinegar to fill your jar to a boil over medium heat.
- Pour the boiling vinegar over the chives in the jar.
- Cover the jar and allow to sit overnight at room temperature. Refrigerate to store for 2-3 months.
Drain the potatoes and allow to cool.
Toss the potatoes gently with the dill, parsley, vinegar and salt.
Serve and enjoy at room temperature.
What the ingredients look like growing in the garden:
|And the star of the dish: the potato! :)|